Stephen Ministry at Timothy lives out our vision to welcome the lost and empower Servant Leaders as we equip God’s people to minister to those who need to see Christ’s love in action through caring visits.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties or changes in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is...
· A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
· A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role
· A lay person who has received training in providing emotional and spiritual care
· A caring, Christian who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
· Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need
A Care Receiver is...
Someone who could benefit from the support of a caring Christian in the face of a crisis or difficulty such as—
· Loss of a loved one
· Divorce or separation
· Loneliness or discouragement
· Spiritual crisis
· Unemployment or a job crisis
· A terminal illness
· Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
· A chronic illness
· Recovery after an accident or disaster
· And many more
To get in touch with a Stephen Minister at Timothy, please fill out our Contact Form.